Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Great Explainer

One of the abilities that I have, is the ability to explain.  I can see the complexity in things and can explain it with simplicity.  This helps me in my current profession because as a Center Supervisor working in the field of Early Childhood Education we are constantly going through change.  The change can be simple as changing forms or more complex like the change of the tool we use to screen or measure children's development.  I am able to understand these changes when they are presented to me and explain them to my staff in a more simple way in which they will understand.  Working with young children requires the ability to be able to explain things to them in a way that they will understand it as well because if we explain things to them in a complex way they will not understand anything.  It is more important to be able to explain something to someone else than to sit down and do the work yourself because like this you will be passing knowledge to other people, and empowering them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment